Believe me, nobody is more surprised than I am at this "interesting twist of fate"! Anybody who knows me will agree that mine would be the last name on a list of who would be called to travel half way around the world to serve the Kingdom of God.
In August 2005 I was part of a team that "sent" 350 missionaries from the Crystal Cathedral to Swaziland, Africa in partnership with Dream For Africa. I realize now how pivotal that experience was to my life. First, I met a new friend, Denise Davenport, who worked with Dream For Africa at that time. Second, I joined Pastor Muffin's team at the Crystal Cathedral.
This sojourn began innocently enough with a desire to visit my friend, Denise, who is now serving the Lord in Nairobi, Kenya. Very quickly, however, it became apparent that God had a much bigger plan. I will join Denise in her work in Nairobi, Kenya and I will meet with Reformed Church (denomination of the Crystal Cathedral) missionaries and other people who have contacted the Crystal Cathedral.
However, I realize that while I am there I will be exploring this call that God has put on my life. I truly do not know what His plan is, but I do know that He goes before me on this journey and that I am safe in His hands. I am grateful for the love and support of friends and family who are praying me through this adventure!
To learn more about what Denise is doing in Kenya - check out her website at http://web.mac.com/denisedavenport/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html
"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8
Isaiah 6:8
Monday, February 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment