"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Finally another blog entry! About our last day...

First, let me apologize for the extreme tardiness of this entry! Wow the last week and a half have been quite a blur. On October 2, 2007 I began my last day in Nairobi...here is a photo of me, first thing in the morning, choosing our seats on British Airways flight 64...then we gathered as a family for tea.

Left to right you see William, his sister Suzan, sister Tabitha and Denise. Denise and I flew from Nairobi to London together, then I took her to the departure gate (you will see those photos at the end of this entry) and made my way to arrivals to greet my mom (see London entry for those details)...

After our morning tea we made our way to Pizza Inn - Tuesday is pizza day so this seemed the perfect thing to do together...and it was the perfect sustenance food to keep us strong for our Nakumatt run.





William is carrying our empty water bottles to our local Nakumatt. In addition to water, we picked up provisions for William and Tabitha who will be staying at the house to take care of our animals and the truck and the house...whew!









Yes, they help us carry our groceries to the car!


I mentioned animals earlier - here is Dog and her girl puppy who we named Sissie (cuz she's the sister and a bit timid)...Suzan took her and her two brothers, Simba and Sasha, home with her when she left Nairobi on Saturday...

Our girl kitty, Jackie, had four babies a week before we left - she keeps them in a Nakumatt bag under Denise's bed - we call them "babies in a bag" - I am pretty bummed that I will not get to see
them grow up...oh well...

Okay - if you know Denise, you know she works best under pressure...I guess that's why she waited until our last day to start her packing! Needless to say Tuesday was a bit stressful!
Okay, okay - I also waited until Tuesday ...here is my room with all my stuff and also one of Denise's bags...
William took pity on me and grabbed my list to check off all the items to make sure that I did not overlook anything...thanks William!



Our last drive through the little village near our house...sniff...






Denise took these two photos - she was NOT happy that William and I felt the need to be at the computers up to a half hour before time to leave for the airport...come on Denise - there's work to do!













Suzan, Tabitha and William took us to the airport...it was a tearful farewell (don't let all the smiles fool you...)

After an uneventful flight, Denise and I spent about 5 hours at the Starbucks in the airport, engaged in our favorite activity - talking!
A very nice man agreed to take these 'snaps' before another tearful farewell.

Denise travelled to Knoxville by way of Chicago while I spent a week in London with my mom and my daughter Amanda - read "London Attractions" for all the details (well not all but....) of that time...

No comments: