That is what World Vision calls their amazing exhibit designed to help raise awareness about the pandemic of HIV/AIDS in Africa. They chose 4 children; and using props, audio, and photos they have replicated a section of the life of each.

My church hosted the exhibit for a week and I journeyed through all 4 as I volunteered to help. I was profoundly moved by the experience as were the people who filed into the tent all week.

Here are two pictures I found when I googled "Step into Africa". The first is a re-enactment of a 'hotel' or cafe owned by Kombo's grandmother. Kombo is a young boy living in Kenya - when I walked into his life I was taken right back to Kenya and felt intensely a bit of what life is like for young Kombo.

Babiyre is the name of the first child I 'became' back in November when I walked through this Experience at Saddleback church where Denise and I attended the Annual Aids Summit.
My church hosted the exhibit for a week and I journeyed through all 4 as I volunteered to help. I was profoundly moved by the experience as were the people who filed into the tent all week.

Here are two pictures I found when I googled "Step into Africa". The first is a re-enactment of a 'hotel' or cafe owned by Kombo's grandmother. Kombo is a young boy living in Kenya - when I walked into his life I was taken right back to Kenya and felt intensely a bit of what life is like for young Kombo.

Babiyre is the name of the first child I 'became' back in November when I walked through this Experience at Saddleback church where Denise and I attended the Annual Aids Summit.




1 comment:
wooohooo!!! an update and I love it! You look fabulous : )
Post a Comment