I have now completed my first full day of this 3 week training. The name of the training is SPLICE, which is an acronym for Spiritual, Personal, Lifestyles, Interpersonal, Cultural, Endurance/Enjoyment. As you can tell by the name, it is a comprehensive course designed to truly prepare us for the mission field.
This first shot is of part of the "Turkey Team" - yep, they are going to Turkey! with the Navigators.
This second shot includes Melanie, the first person I met while waiting in the van for several others to arrive at the airport. Seated with her is Kelly and Victoria.
Matthew, who is not pictured, took this shot of me - see the snow in the background!?
Robin, our facilitator is from South Africa, but he has lived all over the world and I detect some Canadian and some Australian in his awesome accent.
Another staff member yesterday reminded us that we are not together by accident...this particular group is here for a reason...I say God hand-picked each one of us for this 'suspended moment in time'...I am excited to see what He is up to here!




2 comments:
Wow - that would be a surprise to wake up to. We are continuing to pray for you as you travel on this incredible journey God is taking you on. I hope all is well with you!
Love, Allison
Oh boy....snow! I'm so excited as you start this part of your journey -the snow is just an extra gift from our Father.
Please say hello to Robin and his wife for me and tell them I said "thanks" and that I have never forgotten Isa 30:15...... "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust your strength'.
Post a Comment