"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Amani Graduated!

Remember Amani? Several months ago I wrote a blog entry entitled "Two Students". I profiled two people that I helped in school. One of them was Amani! She is so passionate and enthusiastic about serving the Kingdom that I just felt I must invest in her future - so you and I together helped this young woman achieve her dream! She now has a Diploma in Christian Ministries...the Graduation Ceremony was on Saturday the 12th of July. These kids entertained us with song and dance as we waited for the program to begin...fun!
Here she is! I think she is excited, what do you think?
As it turns out the Senior Pastor (well, former Senior Pastor) of our church was also graduating the same day...with a Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies.
Here she is receiving her degree and being congratulated...
And here we are together...I am so proud of her!
Several friends and family members helped her celebrate afterwards...here she is with friend Lydia...I think there were about 20 of us in all...we enjoyed good food and excellent fellowship.

1 comment:

Tishona Marie said...

will you please tell amani that i said congratulations! that's a great accomplishment!