I needed a few items at the supermarket and had it all figured out...to get only as much as would fit in my back pack...which I almost did! But, that's not the point...the point is - if I had my camera I could have shared with you some of the sights I witnessed on my way home. First, I LOVE rain...so it was a joy to walk in the mud and water created by the downpour! And - I was prepared with an umbrella and my rubber shoes...
But - not all were as lucky as I...like the poor woman in sandals and no umbrella, getting soaked from head to toe...pole! (sorry!) and the three young Muslim girls on their way home from school wearing WHITE trousers, standing in front of a mud puddle, just as a great big truck lumbered by...oh my! and the pairs of people under one umbrella doing their best to stay dry, and especially ALL the kids running, jumping and walking through the rain....aaahhhh...it was an amazing treat!
So sorry you will have to be satisfied with this photo I snapped after I arrived home...of my wonderful blue umbrella (thanks Steve and Mary for buying all those wonderful colorful umbrellas for Amanda's wedding!), and my rubber shoes...some people think they are ugly - me, I love how dry my feet are when I walk through water in them! and my back pack, purse and the PAPER bag (with eggs and rice) all of which I carried along with the umbrella...ALL the way home...




1 comment:
wow! what a woman!!! I love how you have adapted so well to Kenyan life...what a trooper! Keep up the awesome work as you are being obedient to the Lord!!
Post a Comment