...or PTC for short. This is what we call the support group for those who have tested positive for HIV. A small group of them (about 12) meet every Monday to make jewelry...for the past few weeks they have been feeling a bit discouraged because they are not sure where to find a market for the items they have made.
Mrs. Gacau (from the BDS staff) has been trying to encourage them but she, too, has been frustrated to come up with ideas. A few weeks ago I mentioned that my friend, Joy, makes beautiful jewelry and is quite successful. I felt sure she would love to come and work with our ladies to help them dream again.
Today was the day! Joy came to visit us just in time for lunch. Here she is with Paul (head of our department) and Mrs. Gacau.

Once lunch was over Mrs. Gacau pulled out the items in stock. Joy was quite impressed with the quality and obvious creative talent...(I just know she has the gift of encouragement!)


Joy, modeling a piece she was especially fond of!

We went upstairs to join four of the group already getting started with their meeting. Even though they were all speaking Swahili (and I don't!) I could tell that the ladies liked her immediately!

It appeared to me as though within just a few minutes they were already encouraged...

She becomes quite passionate when she talks about the hope we have in God and how faithful He is...that is one of the things I love most about Joy!

The ladies are admiring a few of the pieces that Joy brought with her...

...even last week when Joy and Mrs. Gacau met for the first time, Mrs. Gacau was so encouraged by Joy that when she went to another group meeting that same afternoon, she was able to encourage those women who have also been feeling frustrated...

I am truly excited by how God is using Joy to infuse new hope into our bead projects! It will be wonderful to watch God transform these groups as each lady embraces a new dream for her future.
To God be all the Glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment