First I climbed the 3 or so flights to the second floor where they store International packages. I made my way to the back counter with my little yellow slip and amazingly someone came right out to help me! He climbed over the pass through, retrieved my box and escorted me to the left a few feet where we chatted while waiting for the customs inspector. I later found out his name is Joel - hmmm...seems I know someone else with that name...one of my favorite people, actually!
Once she arrived we opened the box and guess what! A bunch a grits came flowing out - ah! Both of my 'new' friends looked with puzzled expressions as they asked "what is that?" Imagine trying to explain that one! Conversation became lively as she gingerly pulled each item out, shaking off the lingering grit particles...then they combined their efforts to get as much of the grits back into the bag as possible and Joel taped it up...
I then took my little yellow slip to room 113 where they stamped it and sent me back to my buddies at the customs counter where I found Joel brushing the last of the grits onto the floor - that's when I thought of my camera and how cool it would have been to get a shot of the mound of grits...but he agreed to let me snap this photo of him...he's almost as cute as the other Joel in my life...my son-in-law (did I just say that?!) By the way, by this time I knew there was no fee and I would be carting that box around all day!




1 comment:
thanks for the helpful hint! and your new friends are you cute. that lovely lady is adorable and very stylish!
Post a Comment