"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Three inches...

Three inches - for most of my life that was as far as I could see without correction. So when I heard about Philip and his little sister Rahab, I knew I needed to help them...
My Kenya roommate, Rhonda, took these two with their Uncle Jeremiah to the Lions Eye Hospital to get them their 'new vision'!

"I can see!" is what I said at the age of 2 when I got my first pair of glasses...I can only imagine what is going through little Rahab's mind as she got her first pair!
Here you can see Uncle Jeremiah grinning with enthusiasm as nephew Philip 'can see' for the first time in his young life.
She really is happy, trust me!
Brother Philip shows his excitement a little more obviously...
The first day of the rest of their lives...
If you are wondering what part I played...I will tell you, for it is also the part you played if you have blessed me with financial assistance...I left enough money before traveling to the US for Rhonda to fit these two with their new eyesight.

No comments: