Twyla (fellow missionary) is the teacher...I just love hanging out with these kids! She was sick today so I got to spend time with them...just me and them...
Twyla is taking them through a discipling book that she wrote - it is called "Mwanzo" which is Swahili for beginning...I am also working my way through the book along with the kids.
 |
| Cynthia and Miriam (under the hood!) |
So - what I decided to do was for all of us to work together...anyone who had a blank left unfilled could give us the scripture reference, someone would read the passage and we would then discuss the answer...
 |
| Odris, Reagan, Ishmael |
 |
| Jacinta reading about the Family of God |
 |
| Odris, Reagan, Felix and Ishmael |
...the kids also had questions not related to the lessons...like "is it good to be saved over and over again?" "does God love us because we repent right away?" "if a thief prays to be protected to be able to steal, will God protect him/her?" "if God gives us something, like food, is that a miracle?"
You can imagine the lively discussions we had! Mostly I threw the questions onto the table to see what the kids would come up with...what I discovered is that they are very bright and insightful!
Reagan, my photo assistant took most of these pictures...which means I am in some!
This is Sharon reading a passage she had a question about...
Erick and Ishmael...I discovered that they did a lot of talking to each other, which often resulted in a provocative question posed by Ishmael...
Cynthia has grown about a foot since I met her in Dec of 2013!
I believe this is Jane (some of the kids are new to me) - I love how seriously they take their lessons.
This is Brenda - she is a day scholar and does not live at the home...I find her to be very bright and engaged...a pleasure to have in class.
 |
| Felix making an "Odris" face! |
Lots of pics of these four, since Reagan was directly across from them!
 |
| Doris, Jane, Brenda, Jessica |
Felix in a more studious pose - he seems shy, but very bright and participatory...
Reagan took this one...he and Odris are best friends...
 |
| Odris' thinking pose! |
 |
| Felix, Erick and Ishmael |
Unfortunately the light was behind me...good for me to read, bad for pictures!
 |
| Jacenta and me reading from my Bible... |
 |
| Ishmael looking a bit studious |
I like this shot...not sure why...
Jessica is a delight to have in class...great questions, good insights and really engaged...
 |
| Jessica and Jacinta |
Yep - I was filling in many blanks today!
Jessica with a question...Jacinta gave her answer...
...I had a different answer...and Jacinta was a bit embarrassed...
 |
| Jane, Brenda, Jessica and Jacinta |
These girls were all so engaged and seemed to enjoy our time together
 |
| Miriam (to the left) Dorice, Jane and Jessica |
I was pleased with the progress we made today...and also with the amount of work most of the kids had already completed!
Felix (way in the back behind Cynthia) prayed as we closed...we prayed for Twyla to get better soon!
 |
| Parting shot! |
I always feel energized after each session with these kids...I hope they love my visits as much as I do!
No comments:
Post a Comment