| Josephine and Leona |
| Rose and Susan |
Then a spirit filled time of worship...led by Christine.
| Christine, Rachel, Rose, Susan |
I love that Christine grabs my camera - she gets some really nice shots...
| Rachel |
| Rose |
| Josephine, Leona, Jacinta and me |
...even Elida managed to join us today...
We were blessed to hear a good report and that God is answering our prayers...
Emilly came with Emmanuel who is growing so fast! You will see lots of pictures of him...
| Emily and Emmanuel |
Emmanuel is a busy little boy!
Then was a time for us to share about how the teaching has impacted our lives...God showed me about how to give more generously...
...and I shared about Susan's faith that God would provide for her son Tom to get new shoes even though she had to use all of her money for her chemo treatments...and God sent a friend to Tom who asked him "what do you need, I want to buy you a gift"...God!!!
| Christine does nice close-ups |
God surprised her with a gift from some people she has not seen for quite some time...God!!
Josephine taught the lesson "Giving to God" at her church and was amazed at the responses she received...people so much appreciated the insights and had many questions...
I love Susan's smile...warms my heart...she is a loving, kind and generous woman.
...Rachel shared that she learned so much and would take the lessons home to have her husband, who is a pastor, help her learn even more...
...since Rachel speaks little English sometimes it is a challenge for her to follow the teachings...but she loves joining us and appreciates the studies and we love having her with us!
Christine learned how to apply the concept of stewardship to her family and in her home and also to help others in her community...
...she also encouraged us to read and answer the questions at the end of each lesson. She gained a deeper understanding each week by doing that...
Jacinta attended one session, the one on tithing and gained a deeper understanding than she has learned in church...she is eager to read all the lessons in the booklet.
Alice was with us for only about 3 sessions, but I believe she will study the teaching thoroughly and may even teach it to those in her sphere of influence!
Leona completed our time of sharing by telling us that the lesson on giving sacrificially challenged her the most...I agree! That one also impacted me tremendously.
Then it was time for certificates! First Leona - this is just a fun shot...
...this is the one I will print for her...
I got to pose with each lady...highlight of my day!
I just had to include this beautiful smile!
Rachel was more full of life than I think I've ever seen her...what a pleasure to be able to give her a certificate!
Josephine also received a gift for perfect attendance during the Holy Spirit study, so I presented the gift along with her certificate on this day...
Leona graciously took the photo of Christine receiving her certificate...
Friends...
Then they all wanted to pose with their certificates...
...then they also wanted the teachers in the photos!
...then it was time for eats!!
Josephine brought mangoes...yum!
Emmanuel is very interested in the food preparation...
Leona is always quick to jump in to help...I love this girl!
I think Emmanuel likes his mango!
Alice is graciously helping the ladies wash their hands...
...and then helping to fill the plates with food...
...oh yeah, I enjoyed the mango myself!
Plenty of food and plenty of helpful hands to serve...
I was very ready for tea and chapati and mandazi and and and...
Enjoy the photos of our time of "fellowship and swallowship"...
| Rachel is totally cracking up about something! |
...time for clean up...I love that people just chip in to help...no need to even ask...
Rose giving pastoral counsel to Josephine!
Classic Rose expression!
I had just rubbed his head...
Oops...do you see what is missing??
Yup, I forgot to sign the certificates!! No worries, this way the signing 'ceremony' is documented...
Elida asked if I could bind her lessons...sorry Elida! I had 15 sets made and they were all given out to ones who attended more than one class...here Christine is explaining to her how to study the lessons - yes, a true leader! I am praying that God is calling her to leadership of the group...
Final shot of Susan flirting with Emmanuel...she is a wonderful sho sho (grandma)...
I was so blessed to spend a few hours surrounded by these beautiful daughters of the King. Truly God loves His precious daughters...




1 comment:
you are right, the picture of Christine looks like an artist piece ready for competition entry. Your work seems so important. Annamarie
Post a Comment