"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8

Monday, October 12, 2015

Fun visit with the St. Catherine's Kids...

On Sat the 3rd of Oct I managed to visit St. Catherine's...first I wanted to get shots of the 'upgrades' to some of the classrooms.  Previously the walls were mud and cardboard.  Pastor James was concerned the walls could fall down on the kids so decided that was the first priority after making the classrooms usable for the kids...
Then Ishmael grabbed my camera as Odris joined us...
That is Ilsa dashing by in the foreground!
You can see the new iron sheeting on the walls...so much nicer than before!
Ilsa clowning around while Jane is trying to work!
Ilsa is granddaughter to Pastor James, the 'father' for St. Catherine's
The boys had the camera through most of our time together...
My listening face
We are working through a discipling book written by my good friend Twyla.  Each section has 5 pages of scripture look-up with space to answer a question or write a thought...
Jane, Jacinta, Miriam and Brenda
This week the section was all about Going Deeper...
Dorice
We have covered Salvation, Living Relationship, Being His Disciple, So What?! and now we are "Going Deeper"!
Ishmael, Odris (looking back) and Felix
Sharon (far end), Jessica and Dorice
What I like to do with the kids is to see how far they have gotten on their own and then all of us work together to tackle ones they have not completed...
I am doing the work also, so that we can discover together...
Faith usually has excellent questions and insightful answers
Often as we are reading the scripture passage and pondering the answers to questions or insights gleaned...
From camera shy to taking selfies - you've come a long way Clinton!
...questions arise...those are my favorite times!
Once a question is "on the table" I like to open it up for discussion...
...I love hearing what the kids have to say...
Lavender (in the black t-shirt) always has perceptive and challenging questions...
The kids are fading!
Ishmael is loving and so friendly...
Ishmael's contemplative look
The topics under Going Deeper include; Living Dead, Knowing Your Enemy, Overcoming Your Enemy, Suffering?, and Walking in Victory!

Sharon, Faith, Lavender, Jessica, Dorice, Felix
The kids (led by Felix) wanted to sing a praise song to end our time together...
...and Felix closed our time together with a word of prayer...
Then I found him outside painting!
They now have a sign up and are painting the building a bright blue...much nicer than the red...
Felix working, Clinton watching (supervising?)
Here he is getting some pointers from Clinton!
I do like this new building because it is MUCH closer to where the bus drops me! 

No comments: