"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tanzania Mission...

Okay - so I presented the team, but did not tell about the mission...that is unless I really did post an entry and have just forgotten that I did...hmmm...

Pastor William Makali and his wife Martha (shown below with the children) have a ministry in Tanzania in a village called Yulansoni near Singida. The preschool provides the children with the basics so that they are prepared to enter primary school. The ministry also includes a medical clinic, a school for Pastors and community outreach programs.

Years ago, Pastor Makali embarked on a long journey from his home in Tanzania to Southern California to attend the Robert Schuller Institute for Succesful Church Leadership. Since that time he made the trek three more times - to attend the School of Preaching and to visit his friends Harold and June Leach, members of the Early Bird Bible Study. The Early Birds have embraced William and met Martha just last year...and now that same group of people has 'adopted' our team and will be praying us through our mission.

Harold, who along with wife June, has hosted William each time he has visited will be making his first trip to Tanzania and William is excited to share his home with Harold.

The team will leave the US on May 28, arrive in TZ on May 30...make the loooong trek to Singida on Jun 1, work in the Preschool, on some construction projects, make bricks, visit orphanages and even plant some gardens along the way! We plan to spend one day on an excursion to the Ngorongoro Crater (which I hear is magnificent) and of course there will be time for shopping!

The others will board their plane on Jun 10 and arrive home on Jun 11, while I will make my way to Nairobi to continue on this Kingdom Journey - watch for more updates as I make connections and plans on 'this side' to visit and work with ministries on 'that side'...

1 comment:

Tishona Marie said...

woot woot! i'm thrilled for you! i'll definately look for updates and will be in prayer!! love you girrrrlll : )