"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Her Second Wedding Shower!

Second of four! This is the first one I was invited to, since her first shower was with her Pepperdine friends - that one was given by her Pepperdine bridesmaid, Amy. This shower, held at Whimsical Teas in Fullerton was given by her two "church" bridesmaids. They will be introduced later in this entry. First i wanted you to see the invitation...cute!
This is the door to the tea house...we waited outside for a few
minutes while they were setting up for us...
Rachel, the official photographer snapped this shot of Amanda
with her cousin Ashley - two redheads!
Okay - meet Melissa and Chantel...our hostesses and two of Amanda's
bridesmaids. Oh, and we all wore hats...some Amanda brought, some Melissa brought and some were provided by Whimsical Teas.
Above, a table setting...below Amanda holds up her cup - I think there is a heart inside.
Each teapot was different

Above are Karen and Rachel (photographer) - below is lunch!
Amanda doing her second favorite activity...first is shopping!
Smart girl, she started with my present!
Having fun with Mr Frog and Mr Fish potholders!
More present opening...actually I included this photo cuz I am in it - see to the far left?
Rachel and Amanda - they have been friends since 3rd grade...her 'oldest' friend and (of course) one of her bridesmaids! She will give the 4th shower in May - one week before the wedding so that her sister, Katie (maid of honor) can attend...she is coming from Iowa.
I must say this was a fun party - there were 11 in attendance and we enjoyed 3 different teas, Jasmine, Peach Melba and Earl Gray...my favorite was Jasmine...scones and finger sandwiches.

Next shower is this Saturday - dubbed the "old lady shower" this one will be at her Aunt Holly's house for her mom's (that's me) friends, her aunts, her grandmothers and other old ladies in her life! I am excited cuz I have decided we will have a rousing game (or two or three) of Bocce Ball (Ashley's birthday present from Amanda and me)...oh boy!

1 comment:

Tishona Marie said...

I think your daughter is beautiful! I'm sure she's getting excited about the wedding : )