We were planning to visit several people on Friday, but as usual we ran out of time. We had just a couple of errands to run before our visits, but they took too long. Hopefully you
We did pay a visit to Lydia. Remember, she is the one we brought home from the hospital a week ago. She loves fruit, so we brought her popo, pineapple and mango. In this photo she is taking a bite of popo - as far as I know this particular fruit is not grown in the US...it is a melon, I believe and has a somewhat sweet taste - I really like it...and it is good for a queasy stomach. Lydia has TB and the medication is very strong and upsets her stomach. When we arrived she was feeling very sick, but by the time we left she was making jokes and posing for the camera!
Denise and Hannah are sitting with Lydia on her bed. Lydia's home is one room about 10' x 10'. Her bed runs along one wall and to the left in the photo is her 'kitchen'...I am sitting on a couch to take the photo and to my right are two chairs and a square table. In the middle of the room is a coffee table. To the left (next to the door) is another chair. When we came in Lydia's cat Maureen, was lounging on it.
I am reminded of when my brother lived on a boat and every square inch of space is utilized. The women cook outside and that is where used water is also dumped, and the clothes are washed and hung out to dry. It is a complex community that I find fascinating.




No comments:
Post a Comment