"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8
Isaiah 6:8
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Two New Homes!
First is my new church home...Nairobi Pentecostal Church (NPC) Valley Road. This is actually the "mother church" to my 'old church' NPC Buruburu. I was eager to visit this one and see if I enjoy it as much as Buruburu and the answer is YES! The best part (well maybe not the best - but very very good) is the commute is very easy - 5 minute walk to the stage, 5 minute ride to the church - and they drop me right there at the gate...what could be better!
This photo does not really give you a sense of the building, but it's the best I could do!
Out back, there was much activity as the church was preparing for Teen Week...
This is a shot of the praise band...and below are shots of the kids. They just finished VBS and our praise and worship time was led by the kids - so much fun! The sermon was based on the 23rd Psalm because the theme of VBS was "The Lord is Our Shepherd"...a message that is welcome anytime and it truly ministered to me...I left refreshed and looking forward to going back next Sunday...

Okay - I just had to shoot a picture of the road being built near my house...this is actually a short cut I take every day to pick up the bus to town...you may not be able to see it, but these guys are actually breaking the rocks with sledge hammers!
Now for my new house - this is the outside...

And this is the kitchen, complete with cookware, flatware, plates, bowls, rolling pin (in case I want to make chapatis...yeah right!) and a wooden spoon for stirring ugali (yeah right, again!)

My balcony with Rachel posing...
Razor wire on the block wall - I took this one for those of you who are concerned about my safety!
Here is the sofa bed...Rachel tried it out and reports that it is quite comfortable - so you can come visit any time!
Here I am trying to look Kenyan...NOT!
Now my kitchen is complete...bananas, tomatoes, onions, eggs and chili sauce!

Moving day...
I have rearranged the front room...actually this is not exactly how it looks now, but you get the idea...

My bedroom - I like the lamp high...so either I buy a new lamp or I improvise!
My office which doubles as the dining table...
I am beginning to feel at home here...and immediately felt at home at NPC. My next blog will be more about the work I am doing with Missions of Hope...thanks so so much for your continued prayers for what God is doing in Kenya.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
well i just LOVE LOVE LOVE the place...i think the balcony is fabulous! too cute : ) i'm glad that you're enjoying it! i pray God will continue to bless you abundantly!
Hi Joanna!
I cracked up at your improvised "pole lamp"!!! You GO, girl! The home looks lovely, and the church looks awesome!
Thank you for serving the Kingdom in Kenya!
Dave & I love you & are praying for you!
Love, Anita <><
Oh, way too comfortable lokking. I might have to come take a closer look. I blogged about you today. How GOD took you out of your comfort zone. Now look at you living like a mensch!
Love you, love what GOD is doing in and through you !
David
Post a Comment