It was Mother's Day...after attending church with my mom, my brother and some friends I drove the hour and a half to visit one of my closest friends, Linda, and her family. Here we are gathered around the table eating a delicious lunch.
Left to right starting with the handsome young boy front and center is; Evan, his dad Brett, Brett's parents Gary and Ginny, a family friend, Linda's mom Thelma and daughter Tess.

Here I am with Tess - she is 14 and a delight...

...and with Linda...

...with Tess and Evan...

I had a wonderful visit - too short! - and I think the highlight (besides the hike and awesome conversation with Linda) was helping to motivate Evan to complete his book report project - he kept repeating, in awe, "how did you get me to do that?"...blessed to be a blessing!
On the day before Mother's Day my mom and I met two of my close friends with their mothers in Claremont at a delightful cafe. In the back are Kim and Wendy. In the front are Alex (my mom), Irene (Kim's mom) and Jo (okay she's not
really Wendy's mom but she 'borrowed' her and loves her as though she is her mom!) Jo is actually Kim's aunt and Irene's sister.
...and here is a shot with me in it...Kim and Wendy are two of my dearest friends - we became close while on a 3 year spiritual journey in a mentoring group...
.JPG)
I continue to enjoy my time here in the US - visiting friends, spending time with family and re-connecting with my church family.
No comments:
Post a Comment