"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fetching water...

Can you see the bubbling water? Apparently a pipe burst underground and has been furnishing this watering hole for a while now...stay tuned for the water hole activity.
I was fascinated to watch the community residents gathering throughout the day to fill various containers with water. This young woman filled her gerry can with water...
...to wash her family's clothes...


Kids with containers...

I think they spotted me...
...yep!
This is the small 'river' created by the spill over from the 'watering hole'...
This mama brought her three kids to help...
Looks like she has filled two gerry cans...one left with the girl and now two more leave with the boy...

...and another with the smallest child...

Mama carries the biggest load - looks like a 10 litre water jug...
...these women are STRONG!
...not water, but heavy loads...yikes!
I think he is washing his handkerchiefs...




All of the above photos were taken from the balcony of the building where I work...I love watching life go by, and sharing what I see with my friends!

No comments: