"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Moving day...

The 1st of June is a holiday in Kenya - it is akin to our 4th of July. What that meant to Rhonda and me is that the roads would be relatively clear :) and we could get to and from my new house in less time than if it were a normal week day.

All I can say is - it's a good thing I love crawling into small spaces!
I know I know it would have been better to pack the bookcase before putting the table in. But we already had the table in when we decided to do this - besides, this way was much more fun!
Almost through with the first load!


After adding table and bookcase to my bedroom! I don't have a chair yet so will use the bed for now. Hey I discovered the internet over here is MUCH better than where I was. Yippee!
This is only after the first load! No wonder I am so tired! No I did not get all the way unpacked - but I did get the essentials. Kettle for heating water, instant coffee and my pajamas :)
Friend Amanda (who came with the second load)...baptizing the bathroom. Let me just say there is a minor drainage problem! For now I have flip flops (or flippies or slippers as they call them here) assigned to the bathroom, a towel across the threshold and another pair of flippies for outside the bathroom. It's working.,,

Rhonda 'testing' my new couch ("it's hard" says she) and Amanda looking for more cleaning supplies...Lest you think I was just standing by watching her work, I was scanning a document for Amanda in the other room! (by the way the couch folds down to become a bed so now you have no excuse not to visit :)
She is cleaning the floor, but also mopping up the flood which reached all the way to the sitting room!
All moved in? I think I'll sleep on the couch! (which is exactly what I did by the way - and it is actually not bad!)
Dinner time and no stove (I actually have a burner but no cooking gas yet) so I decided to cook spaghetti in the toaster oven...it worked, but I will be glad to have gas hopefully today :)
Now my kitchen is complete - I love this timer! I bought it as a wedding gift for my daughter, Amanda, but she got two so she gave this one to me - thanks Amanda!
So - now I have spent my first night here and it was okay. I think the sun is beginning to come up out there and I can hear the birds chirping - and the best news? No mosquitoes!!!!!

No comments: