"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Baskets!

Our wonderful sponsors have contributed enough money to supply Christmas baskets for every one of our students and their families...
They lined up from morning time at our front gate to claim their presents...
...basins (used for washing clothes and lots of other things) filled with rice, flour, sugar, beans and of course Coke!


The crowd of kids and their families filled the area in front of our building. I took these photos from the 3rd floor balcony.
Ah! Looks like suckers were also being given out!
Sharing the load...
Apparently one of the teachers checked names off of a master list, handed out a ticket to be traded for a 'basket'...

The lines were amazingly orderly, with only minor pushing :)
He has his list and is checking it twice!

Happy faces of some recipients.

Well, that's one way to carry the goods!
I've been spotted!
I was told that for these families, this is the most food they have ever had at one time. They simply do not have the resources to buy this much food. I believe this will be a very merry Christmas for our families!

No comments: