"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8

Friday, June 10, 2011

Skills graduation

Every six months a group of ladies graduates from a tailoring class held at Missions of Hope, where I work. At the end of the six months of training they receive a great celebration and their very own sewing machine.
Francisca - who teaches beadwork to the ladies in the community is offering necklaces to match the dresses worn by our ladies...

Perfect match!
Mary is the teacher. She is also a pastor at her church and is here leading the praise and worship to begin the celebration service.

Beautiful ladies! Now they have the skill to make beautiful clothes to wear and to sell...
To the left is my new friend, Ryan.




Sitting to the far right, under the window is Esther - the head of our department.
Josephine, our head social worker, encourages the ladies from God's word.
She is reminding them that they are not the same today as they were six months ago when they started on this journey.



Justine...she works with teams that come in from the US...and can be seen at most events with her camera :)




I thought he was praying but later learned he was very sleepy because it became quite warm in the room...

This lady has already opened a shop and has more business than she can handle...
This one shared her testimony of how far God has brought her.
She was funny, charming and exceedingly sincere.

Edinah is head of our Spiritual Development department and loves to encourage the ladies as they move to the 'next level'

Esther encouraging the ladies - it means so much to them for us to applaud their efforts and show our support and faith in them and in what God is doing in their lives.
I was quite disappointed that I had to leave before the end of the 'party' and before the cake! But - it had started raining and all I could imagine was how hectic the commute would be.

However - I was there long enough to thoroughly enjoy this special day.

No comments: