"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Debi's third day in Kenya...

The plan for the day was the Nairobi National Museum...which I had never visited so I was looking forward to it.  But, on the way many things caught Debi's eye...first the choo or toilet for the workers on the property where I live...
Then a nursery along the side of the road...she managed to take many photos from the matatu (14 passenger mini van and main mode of public transportation)...
Road construction
I am amazed at how close pedestrians are to the actual work!
Typical Nairobi traffic...
Yes, it looks just as chaotic (maybe more!) in 'person'
There are two matatus in this photo...
Typical construction site
Burning trash
These guys are amazing!!!  He is a mkokateni
Approaching downtown Nairobi
She was flirting with Debi most of the way into town
We actually managed to find the museum!
The only photo inside. It was interesting...worth doing once
Kitengela glass sculpture
Kitengela glass mosaic walkway
Yum!  We ate at Chui (Leopard) Cafe
Debi got roasted chicken
Kitengela glass studios use recycled glass and other materials to create beautiful works of art

On to the snake park...
Trespassers will be poisoned!
At first I thought he was fake...
...until he moved!
Nature walk
It was a fun day making our way into town and then connecting with another matatu to get to the Museum...Debi is loads of fun as she finds delight in even the smallest activities.

No comments: