"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Parenting Group!

Three weeks ago several couples joined me in my home for the purpose of learning how to "Grow Kids God's Way"...we are walking through a book called "Growing Kids God's Way" and I think I can speak for all of us when I say - we are enjoying the journey!

We begin each week with Tea Time...a time to unwind and just spend time enjoying each other's company...
Peter pouring a cup of tea for his lovely wife Doris
Peter and Doris
 We were all thoroughly entertained by Stella's tales of being a wife and mother...
Eric, Martha and Stella (on the couch)
 At the end of the evening I snapped a photo of each couple...
Kevin and Jackie
 What I said was "act like you love each other" not "act like clowns!"
Peter and Doris
 Martha's primary love language is physical touch...that was one of the topics of discussion this evening...
Eric and Martha
 Stella's husband, Kenji, works out of the country...so I 'stood' (or sat) in for him!
Stella and Joanna
I love these people!  Last night we explored the notion of the marriage relationship being the primary or priority relationship and that all others (parent-child, sibling-sibling) are 'subject' to it.  It is a real paradigm shift to think of the concept that we cannot be a better parent than we are a spouse - sobering thought!  Every week at least one (and usually several) 'aha' moment occurs.  Exciting!

No comments: