"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8

Sunday, May 15, 2016

The Announcement!

Our Lead Pastor, Mark Kiiru, lost his dear wife Irene just over one year ago.  The congregation has stood with him, praying for him and his 3 girls.  Some of the members even began praying for God to bring him a new wife; a helpmate...

In anticipation of a larger than normal crowd we bought more chairs!  Here you can see George marking each chair with a Sharpie so that we know they are ours...
Kip, to the right was recently married so this was his first Sunday back...he is meticulously arranging the chairs...with George's help.
George has the gifts of helps and service...
 After a short speech, Pastor Mark called his girl up.  Her name is Wambui, but we call her Wabi...
Wabi & Mark holding hands
Group shot
 There was much clapping, shouting and general good will...
Notice to the far left, Mueni has a huge smile!
 I love this shot...notice Corrinne in the red hat giving two thumbs up...
Pastor Mark asking the congregation to pray for them...
 Below is a friend of Wabi's documenting the occasion...
Doris' face says it all!
One person who has been praying for just the right 'helpmate' for Pastor Mark is the mother to his late wife, Irene...this is a precious shot of her welcoming Wabi into the family...
When the service ended I felt I had been to a wedding...the atmosphere was festive and uplifting.  The announcement was that they would be married "in the next few months"...when I asked the couple ahead of me in the sanctuary (friends of Wabi) if they approved, the comment was "He has chosen wisely"...I concur!

No comments: