"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Going to town...

Can you see our road? It is made of dirt, and has lots of water in the holes since it has been raining lately. I took these pictures through the windshield so you can also see the hood of the car...


This next picture shows what I see as we travel through the 'village' on our way to town...I think of this as our neighborhood because there are many little shops as well as apartments where people live...it is usually teeming with people going to and from work and school, as well as children running, playing and laughing.
What is missing in this picture are all the people on foot... typically we are also dodging people as we try to squeeze into the traffic. To the right you can see a matatu - basically a mini van filled with people, these are small busses that take people to and from every where. The drivers are aggressive, and talented at maneuvering in and out of the traffic...so - to be a successful driver in Nairobi one must also gain those skills and believe me, Denise has!

No comments: