First let me apologize this took so long! I had an internet connection my first day here just long enough to answer a few emails from family. Now i have a strong signal so will post this - but without pictures since I am not on my own computer - which is where my pictures are - so that will be the next post!
I had what i call a blissfully uneventful trip here - Praise God for that! I know that many of you have been praying faithfully for me to arrive here safely - and I know that is why the trip was so good. I even managed to sleep a little bit!
Jet lag is no fun and I am working to get my body on Kenya time...
My first day was 'ordinary'...we spent time at home doing laundry and preparing dinner for the evening. Then went downtown to run some errands - and I got to experience the famous Nairobi traffic! Denise is a great driver and it is quite an adventure dodging potholes, splashing through mud puddles and muscling other cars through the jams.
Thursday we left for a two day 'mini' vacation at a National Park a few hours away. As it turns out this was an amazing way to start my stay here. We just soaked in the majesty of God's creation...and will carry those mental images with us as we walk through lots more 'ordinry days' together. For me, it was a perfect place to begin the process of getting past this jet lag.
Today is Saturday and we are home. I hear company downstairs...I just met a new friend, Christine and her friend Alice - Kenya is certainly a friendly and welcoming place.
So - the next entry will have photos - I promise!
Until then...God Bless!
"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8
Isaiah 6:8
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment