the girls are learning, Yaya is teaching.
"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8
Isaiah 6:8
Friday, May 16, 2008
Spanakopita
What is Spanakopita, you say? Well, come to the wedding and find out! Actually it is a Greek delicacy made with spinach and filo dough. My mom (who is Greek) makes the best and it is one of Amanda's favorites, so my mom has spent most of the past week preparing and freezing.
Today Amanda and her sister Katie (who flew in yesterday from Iowa) paid a visit to Yaya (my mom) to help her make a batch...here is Katie tying Amanda's apron...I love these girls!
Here they all are in the kitchen...Katie, Yaya and Amanda...
the girls are learning, Yaya is teaching.
Amanda is cutting up feta cheese (yum!), there is Katie's arm...and mom is concentrating hard!
Amanda likes to crumble the cheese (you go girl!) while my mom prefers to cut it into small pieces...Amanda is convinced that her way is more authentic...she is just sure of it.
Amanda posing with the filo dough...while Katie is brushing butter over the filo that has been layered over the spinach...doesn't all this just make you want to come to the wedding, even just to taste this deeelicious Spanakopita? I thought so...
the girls are learning, Yaya is teaching.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment