"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8

Monday, February 9, 2009

You must be born again...

"How do I get to heaven?" she asked her youth pastor, Fred. "You must be born again!" he answered...she ran to her mama and saying "I must be born again, quick I must enter your womb so I can be born again!" Frustrated, mama sent her back to Fred...
This back and forth exchange continued with answers of "you must be a new creation" (she wanted a whole new wardrobe!), "we live not by bread alone, but by every Word of doctrine" (she began to eat the pages of the Bible), "you must live by faith and not by sight" (she covered her eyes and tried to walk), "you must die and be resurrected in Christ" (she grabbed a scarf, tied it around her neck and said "see you in heaven mama!")
...completely frustrated, mama confronted Fred and found out that in order to go to heaven we must accept Christ into our hearts as our Lord and Savior....
...so he prayed over both of them to receive salvation! This was the perfect preparation for our sermon on Spiritual Formation. Rev. Nyaga took us back to the foundations of salvation.
The congregation was blessed by a performance of the High School dance group called A.G.E. (Almighty God Enables)...WOW is all I can say...
...throughout the performance words to the song were on the screen and heard through the speakers...
..."Be still and know that I am God"....
..."I am nothing without God"...

I am always blessed on Sunday mornings at my church, but somehow this morning was even more moving than usual...to God be the Glory!

No comments: