"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8

Saturday, April 2, 2011

George Mwangi

Four years ago the Lord showed me that I was to sponsor a young woman, Amani Muhonja, for her next term in College. Just over one year later, I attended her graduation. Today she is a missionary with her husband, Daniel, in the northern part of Kenya where people are dying from hunger with no hope. Amani and Dan are bringing the hope that can only come from Christ to people who need it desperately.

Recently God put it on my heart to support another young person who is in school. This time it is George Mwangi. He recently started Law School and has aspirations to help make Kenya a better nation. He believes that it will take the 'next generation' to make significant changes here. With young people of his caliber I have much hope for the future of Kenya.

He is a fine young man, he loves the Lord and also loves to teach and lead young people. I love when we visit because he has great spiritual wisdom.
His school fees are quite high and it occurred to me that he may be able to find sponsors to help him pay for school but he also needs to pay rent, feed himself and buy basic necessities. Each month I help him with $40 to $50 which goes a long way towards meeting his expenses.

No comments: