As secretary of the Starfish Charities board it was upon me to organize our AGM. Since we had already planned a trip to the property for that day we decided to have the meeting in Kiserian rather than in Nairobi, since most of our board members reside closer to that area. Both the property and the town of Kiserian are located in the Rift Valley about 25 km (or 15 miles) south of Nairobi.
The founder of Starfish, missionary Rhonda Baxter, is currently in the states being treated for cancer so she joined us by phone when the primary order of business, that is election of officers, would be conducted. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as we enjoyed each other's company on this day!
 |
| Jeremy, whose father donated property to Starfish Charities, arranged for us to meet at this location. |
 |
| I thought this fitting given we were meeting to review 2011 look forward to 2012! In case you can't read it, it says "Are you here with the solution or are you part of the problem?" This poster was on the wall in one of the meeting rooms. |
 |
| We chose to sit on the patio - great choice; the weather was perfect and there was even a pleasant breeze. Plus no other people present gave us ample privacy. |
 |
| L to R; James Weche, Chairman Pastor Paul Ochilo and Vice Chair Pastor John Shakai |
 |
| Peninah Parsitau, Pastor David Kinayia and Jeremy Sailoji |
 |
| Time for nominations and election of new officers so we called Rhonda in the states to join us. Can you see my cell phone in Pastor Paul's hand? |
 |
| Peninah is chosen as temporary Chair Person to conduct the elections |
 |
| Paul is having too much fun...and James and John are joining in :). We ended by electing Paul to Chair again, I will be Vice Chair, Jeremy is Secretary and Rhonda will continue as Treasurer. |
 |
| Meanwhile lunch arrives and we all wash our hands in preparation |
 |
| Pastor John was so quiet during the proceedings that Rhonda wanted to talk one-on-one with him. I believe he appreciated hearing her voice so that he can know that she is strong. |
 |
| Rhonda is ready to start her day - it was 5am her time when we called so when we had finished the elections she bid us farewell (this time I am holding the phone so all can hear Rhonda). |
 |
| Yum the food was good! Chicken, beef, greens, ugali (made with corn meal) and chapatis (Indian version of tortillas!) |
 |
| We continued with a few other points of business as we finished our lunch. |
 |
| David polishing off the chicken :) |
 |
| He laughs because I was teasing him - as I recall he polished off one of the dishes from our last Board Meeting lunch! |
 |
| Greeting Rhonda and letting her know she is missed and we are all eager to have her back in Kenya! |
As I reflect back on this day, I am feeling blessed to know these amazing people! God has been gracious to me as He puts so many wonderful people in my path...on this day we did business, had fun, enjoyed each other and had sweet fellowship in the Lord. And it took less than 2 hours!
No comments:
Post a Comment